Sunday, July 10, 2016

Sunday run

Moving to a new location is hectic and more often than not changes your day to day routine and kind of slows you down for at least few weeks. And that exactly happened with me. I recently moved to a new location in Bengaluru and since then I became perhaps little lazy for the running activity. Furthermore my new interest in 'The Game of Thrones' tv series too kept me busy during nights and it certainly didn't help me waking up early :) Now that its season 6 finished and there is a long time for the next season to start, I decided to get back to my running activity. And it's been a week now I am punctual and regular.
On the first day of my this stint I stepped out of my residence layout and to my surprise, I noticed a nice and clear running track around a nearby serene lake. Well, I was aware of this lake but wasn't expecting convenient track around it for a walk or run. Moreover, it wasn't a cement or laid out track but a usual flat natural surface which might have been seasoned by regular walkers for quite sometime. Since then I've been running around this lake and this certainly is one of the best places I've turned to for running in Bengaluru.



These days the weather is cloudy and rains sometimes which certainly helps for morning runs. The drizzles don't stop me going for morning runs. And just like day before yesterday the run in the morning drizzle felt great. I must say it was my first run in rain and I enjoyed it.

Planning to register for few runs in coming weeks or months as it's been years I haven't participated in any official runs. Hoping for the best.

2 comments:

  1. Great going man.

    I would also suggest you to try Yoga, it comes with a bumper package, healthy body, sharper intellect and more than anything else, a happier life.

    You can still run!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Amruth, thanks. Yes, that is surely something I would like to try in coming days. The last time I've done yoga was back in my school days when my school and dad encouraged me. Well, dad still does but haven't taken time out.

    ReplyDelete