Monday, May 15, 2017

Cult.fit 10K run


Race category: 10K
Timing: 01:06:02

In search of a better 10K timing, I registered for the 10K arranged by Cult. The race was conducted systematically and the runners found comfortable wih the race course and also the arrangements. I found myself in a nice space just before the race and felt I could better my previous timing quite easily. But to my disappointment, I couldn't.
I set a target of 62 minutes considering my previous run in Midnight Marathon in ~65 minutes. I didn't even come close to the mark. In fact, finished it in 66 minutes as per the official timing. However, my phone app recorded the race and shows it ~64 minutes. Either way, I wasn't happy.

Anyways, this gives me an opportunity to relook at my regular weekly workouts and type of runs. I will be doing few changes in the regime and hope to get things better. I seek to run more, run fast and run comfortably and eventually get my target of < 60 minutes target for 10k and similarly better timing for coming half marathons (21K).

BTW, yes, I got a chance to meet Milind Soman at the start of the race. He flagged off the race and it was a delight seeing him there. Later, I was mentioned, he too joined running.

No comments:

Post a Comment